Thursday, January 27, 2011

Paprika


"Paprika" is one of those trippy, dreamy, imaginative and stunning movies. Director Satoshi Kon died last year, which made me very sad. I loved his movies "Millennium Actress" and "Tokyo Godfathers"and I was looking forward to many more years of his work. "Paranoia Agent" is on my must-see list.

Lately a lot of movies have not touched me emotionally whatsoever, and it sometimes makes me think my brain is broken or something, or that I'm old and jaded. But then all I have to do is think about certain scenes in Kon's work or Miyazaki's and it makes me realize that most movies just kind of suck.

This decorative piece I did reminds me a little of the joyfully anarchic jumble of imagery Kon gave us in "Paprika". It's not wriggling, marching, or playing a tune, but I thought I'd put it out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty piece!

:)