Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Full page for St. Louis At Home

New client! It's always a rush when I'm given a chance to work for someone new. And full page, which is kinda an awesome opportunity.

This illustration accompanies an article about online shopping for home stuff and even had links to specific interior decorating sites, so I visited them for reference and inspiration. The internet wins again!

I used to do a lot of silkscreen printing so I'm naturally drawn to limited colour palettes. It's fun to try and come up with different ways to use the same colours! I based the colours on Pantone's colours for Spring 2016.

Also, the bare feet and the sleeping kitty emphasize how comfy it is to shop from home. :)
 
Sketch:

-- Julia
Portfolio site

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great piece Julia - love the kitty :D