Tuesday, June 20, 2017

"Risky Business" for the Alberta Diabetes Foundation

 Here's something I did for the Alberta Diabetes Foundation's magazine POKE. I liked the idea of using Snakes and Ladders for this because the snakes have those pokey-pokey teeth!

 I drew the girl with the die under her arm, like she's about to step on a soccer pitch. Game on!

The art director didn't want the snakes to be too scary. I think they're kinda cute :P.

I put the lovely Rocky mountains in the background. Alberta's got some gorgeous scenery.

This is my second Snakes and Ladders illustration. Here's the first.  I have very fond memories of the game.

Sketch, before inking:
 Super rough sketch:
-- Julia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome piece!!

Anonymous said...

Inspiring quest there. What happened after? Take
care!